In 1945, H.J. Capps and his wife, Ovella, founded
Capps Sand & Stone and Capps Lime & Fertilizer.
The Nello Teer Rock Quarry in Durham, NC was one
of their first customers and others included
concrete companies throughout the area. Later in
1950, they purchased the rights to Carolina
Tank Lines in order to add petroleum services
to their business and became the dedicated carrier
for a major textile plant. In the late seventies,
the companies were consolidated to form Carolina
Tank Lines, Inc.
By 1980, their son, Tony Capps, the current President
of the company, added Dry Freight, Refrigerated
and Grain services to further expand the company's
Our plan of diversification continues today as
we continue to develop new business partners and
meet the needs of our current relationships. We
recognize the success of our company is based
on the success of your organization. "Growth
with our Customers" is a key objective at
Carolina Tank Lines, Inc.. In addition, we continue
to strive to meet and exceed our customer's expectations
by delivering consistent quality, reliable, cost-effective
trucking services to our business partners.